6 Important Benefits Of A Fall Alert System
Senior Health Conditions
- 1 in 3 Americans aged 65+ falls every year according to the Centers for Disease Control
- Falls account for 70% of the accidental deaths in the elderly population according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- In the US alone, approximately 12 million seniors will fall this year
- In one out of five incidents, this will lead to hospitalization
6 Benefits Of Fall Alert System
- Fall Alert Systems activate an alarm when a senior is in distress even if the senior cannot activate the alarm
- Automatic fall detection technology addresses the problem of being unable to push a button in a fall and can significantly reduce the mortality rate from falls by providing a response as part of a medical emergency response system, such as the Duo System from MobileHelp
- Fall Alert Systems can help seniors remain independent and in their own homes
- Fall Alert Systems also provide assurance to adult children, who know that if a parent falls, or suffers a more severe medical emergency medical help will be summoned swiftly.
- By providing rapid emergency help fall buttons can prevent a senior from lying helpless for hours or days. This prevents seniors from suffering more serious complications including dehydration and hypothermia.
- Wearing a Fall Alert System helps to alleviate a fear of falling. By not fearing falling seniors don’t curtail their activities and this helps them remain physically active and prevents functional decline.
If you are worried about a fall leading to being unconscious, being disorientated or being unable to move, we recommend our Fall Button.™
Fall Button™ does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. Fall Button™ is not intended to replace a caregiver for users dealing with serious health issues.
Request Free Brochure