- 1 in 3 Americans aged 65+ falls every year according to the Centers for Disease Control.
- Falls account for 70% of the accidental deaths in the elderly population according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- In the US alone, approximately 12 million seniors will fall this year.
- In one out of five incidents, this will lead to hospitalization.
6 Important Benefits Of A Fall Alert System
Senior Health Conditions
6 Benefits Of Fall Alert System
1. Fall Alert Systems activate an alarm when a senior is in distress even if the senior cannot activate the alarm.
2. Automatic fall detection technology addresses the problem of being unable to push a button in a fall and can significantly reduce the mortality rate from falls by providing a response as part of a medical emergency response system, such as the Duo System from MobileHelp.
3. Fall Alert Systems can help seniors remain independent and in their own homes.
4. Fall Alert Systems also provide assurance to adult children, who know that if a parent falls, or suffers a more severe medical emergency medical help will be summoned swiftly.
5. By providing rapid emergency help fall buttons can prevent a senior from lying helpless for hours or days. This prevents seniors from suffering more serious complications including dehydration and hypothermia.
6. Wearing a Fall Alert System helps to alleviate a fear of falling. By not fearing falling seniors don’t curtail their activities and this helps them remain physically active and prevents functional decline.
Warning: Fall Button™ does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. The Fall Button is not intended to replace a caregiver.